It’s been a couple of years since I’ve been camping. Mainly, because of having babies.
Two summers ago, we went the weekend of my birthday. I was 5 months pregnant with my third, my then 1.5 year old refused to sleep in her playard, and we forgot the air mattress. Wouldn’t have been too horrible, had we not been camping at a campground…on gravel.
I’m still traumatized from that weekend. So last summer, my husband just took our oldest camping.
This summer, he’s hoping to take our older two camping, while I stay here with the baby and our two year old.
However, the next time we all go camping together, I will be using these camping hacks for sure!!
10 Must-Have Camping Hacks
1. Wrap a head lamp around a jug of water to create a lantern.
An easy way to light up the whole tent!
2. Who says cleansing clothes are just for babies? Bringwith you.
Available in discrete and modern packs that fit in your pocket or purse. These (alcohol-free) On-the-go soft packs are small enough to conveniently take with you and keep you clean and fresh when you’re away from home, and out in the woods.
3. Pack eggs in a water bottle, instead of egg carton.
Pack one water bottle full, for each morning you’re there.
4. Make an easy fire starter.
Just toss the whole thing into a fire pit to get started.
5. Dried sage leaves hung from a tent or all around your site will help repel bugs that bite — like mosquitoes and spiders.
Plus, they smell lovely!
6. Make Hobo Packets ahead of time, so you have an easy no fuss dinner.
You can do this with many different ingredients!
7. If you start to hear, “Mom, we’re bored!” Break out this printable Nature Scavenger Hunt.
Then keep some of the items found in a jar, to be displayed when you get home. Memories in a jar!
8. Only take what you need with these toothpaste tabs.
Even camping, everyone needs fresh breath.
9. Make a Tackle Box First Aid Kit.
Because we all know how kids are!
10. Keep yourin an empty coffee can, so it doesn’t get wet.
Just because you’re not at home, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t use durable soft two-ply toilet paper, even when out in the woods.
*This post is sponsored by, but my love for their fresh care flushable cleansing cloths on-the-go soft packs when camping is all my own!