Won’t You “Bee” My Valentine? {Free Printable Included}

I completely procrastinated making these Valentine’s for school – for the girls to take to their Valentine’s Day parties next week. I know it’s not until next week, but these honey sticks have been sitting on my desk for weeks now.

I wanted to post them way beforehand, but life happens. Better late than never, right?!

Honey Sticks Valentine's Idea with FREE printable!

Last month I searched Pinterest for some ideas for this year. Last year, we made these super adorable Lollipop Butterflies. This year, I wanted something easy, still cute, maybe even new or different.

I first saw the, “Won’t You ‘Bee’ My Valentine?” quote attached to some Burt’s Bee chapstick. While it was a great idea, just too costly for us. I loved the quote though and thought about it for a bit, and had this epiphany of honey sticks. Bee’s make honey – it totally fits.

Perfect, right?! No one in either of the girls’ classes has a honey allergy. So we were good there. Plus, I thought it would be fun and different for the kids.

FREE printable! "Won't You 'Bee' My Valentine?"

It was also a great way to buy locally. Normally, we’d buy honey sticks at the farmer’s market, but it’s not that time of year yet. Instead, I searched online for a bee farm that was local, that we cold go and get some. That’s when I came across Chase Honey Company. They are local, and you can buy honey through them and have it shipped right to your house. Even easier!

They sell both regular honey sticks and flavored honey sticks. I loved the colors, so I bought the flavored ones.

Shipping was quick, and only $10 for 80 sticks. Since my oldest has 22 kids in her class, and my middle has 11 kids in her class, that was more than enough.

"Won't You 'Bee' My Valentine?" with honey sticks. How cute are these?!

The “Won’t You ‘Bee’ My Valentine?” tags that are attached I just made myself. You’re more than welcome to download the image from my dropbox, and print it out for personal use. For this size, I just printed the image nine times in the wallet format. So, nine tags on one sheet of paper (or cardstock).

Some yellow yarn to tie the sticks together and attach the tag, and you’re done. Didn’t take long at all to put together.

Happy Valentine's Day, friends!

Did you enjoy this Post?
Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest67Tweet about this on Twitter7Share on Google+8Share on StumbleUpon0

Comments

1. Jenni E. says

These are soooo stinking cute!! Valentine’s have really evolved since I was a kid. Back then it was all about the Valentine’s Day box. My mom would get REALLY creative making those! Thanks for sharing. I’m checking out these sticks and I love the printable!

• says

I remember us making Valentine boxes too. That would be the most creative part. Last couple of years, my oldest just came home with decorated brown paper bags. I think we should all start doing boxes again! =P

• says

Right?! Those brown paper bags are depressing!! My box was gorgeous and I used it 2 years in a row. My mom made the form from a wide shoebox (I think everyone used shoe boxes) and then she covered it in white material. The top, she added polyfill so it was puffy and girly. She adorned it with pretty ribbons and tiny strings of pearls. Then – she “let me” haha — add pretty red heart stickers where I wanted. All the teachers ooohhh’d and aahhhh’d over it. Now that she’s gone, it means even more to me. I wish I knew what happened to it. I do have pictures of it somewhere in a box of photos. I smile everytime I run across that picture.

2. says

My maiden name initials are BEE so I love anything that plays on the word BEE with bumble bees or other bees. Just like “Bee Happy”, a magnet I have on my fridge. LOVE THIS!

3. says

These are so cute! I didn’t know they even made honey sticks. When I was younger, we always used store-bought Valentines. I have so many ideas to create for my kiddos once they start school.

4. says

OMG these are just adorable! I actually just posted a “Thank you for BEE-ING a great friend” V-day Cards – great minds think alike LOL ; )

5. says

What an adorable idea! I love honey sticks, but never thought of using them for Valentine’s Day. We have already done our Valentine’s for this year, but I’m going to have to remember this next year!