Won’t You “Bee” My Valentine? {Free Printable Included}

Share on Facebook13Pin on Pinterest67Tweet about this on Twitter6Share on Google+0Share on StumbleUpon0

I completely procrastinated making these Valentine’s for school - for the girls to take to their Valentine’s Day parties next week. I know it’s not until next week, but these honey sticks have been sitting on my desk for weeks now.

I wanted to post them way beforehand, but life happens. Better late than never, right?!

Honey Sticks Valentine's Idea with FREE printable!

Last month I searched Pinterest for some ideas for this year. Last year, we made these super adorable Lollipop Butterflies. This year, I wanted something easy, still cute, maybe even new or different.

I first saw the, “Won’t You ‘Bee’ My Valentine?” quote attached to some Burt’s Bee chapstick. While it was a great idea, just too costly for us. I loved the quote though and thought about it for a bit, and had this epiphany of honey sticks. Bee’s make honey – it totally fits.

Perfect, right?! No one in either of the girls’ classes has a honey allergy. So we were good there. Plus, I thought it would be fun and different for the kids.

FREE printable! "Won't You 'Bee' My Valentine?"

It was also a great way to buy locally. Normally, we’d buy honey sticks at the farmer’s market, but it’s not that time of year yet. Instead, I searched online for a bee farm that was local, that we cold go and get some. That’s when I came across Chase Honey Company. They are local, and you can buy honey through them and have it shipped right to your house. Even easier!

They sell both regular honey sticks and flavored honey sticks. I loved the colors, so I bought the flavored ones.

Shipping was quick, and only $10 for 80 sticks. Since my oldest has 22 kids in her class, and my middle has 11 kids in her class, that was more than enough.

"Won't You 'Bee' My Valentine?" with honey sticks. How cute are these?!

The “Won’t You ‘Bee’ My Valentine?” tags that are attached I just made myself. You’re more than welcome to download the image from my dropbox, and print it out for personal use. For this size, I just printed the image nine times in the wallet format. So, nine tags on one sheet of paper (or cardstock).

Some yellow yarn to tie the sticks together and attach the tag, and you’re done. Didn’t take long at all to put together.

Happy Valentine's Day, friends!

About the Author

In 2010, Hanan went from talking about her parenting ups & downs on private forums to discussing them with literally everyone on the internet with her blog Eat.Craft.Parent - since then, she’s had the opportunity to talk about parenting, cooking, photography, marriage, crafts, faith, and so much more. She also shares her opinions on everyday products from food to baby gear, and everything in between. With four little girls all under seven, there is never a dull moment in their home. When she’s not blogging she’s chatting about parenting and life in general on Facebook and Twitter, or wasting way too much time on Pinterest.

59 Replies

Trackback  •  Comments RSS

1. Jenni E. says:

These are soooo stinking cute!! Valentine’s have really evolved since I was a kid. Back then it was all about the Valentine’s Day box. My mom would get REALLY creative making those! Thanks for sharing. I’m checking out these sticks and I love the printable!

• I remember us making Valentine boxes too. That would be the most creative part. Last couple of years, my oldest just came home with decorated brown paper bags. I think we should all start doing boxes again! =P

• Jenni E. says:

Right?! Those brown paper bags are depressing!! My box was gorgeous and I used it 2 years in a row. My mom made the form from a wide shoebox (I think everyone used shoe boxes) and then she covered it in white material. The top, she added polyfill so it was puffy and girly. She adorned it with pretty ribbons and tiny strings of pearls. Then – she “let me” haha — add pretty red heart stickers where I wanted. All the teachers ooohhh’d and aahhhh’d over it. Now that she’s gone, it means even more to me. I wish I knew what happened to it. I do have pictures of it somewhere in a box of photos. I smile everytime I run across that picture.

2. That’s such an adorable Valentine idea. Very creative, Hanan!

3. Super cute and so easy – I love it. I have never heard of a honey stick before, either, but I feel like I need to hunt some down today!!

4. Bees and hearts… such a fabulous idea! You sure have creative skills there Hanan.:)

5. Wow! I am always amazed when moms make homemade Valentines. These are seriously adorable. I like them because they’re gender-neutral and can be used with both boys and girls. So cute.

6. stephanie says:

That is adorable! I wish my kids were still little – I miss doing things like that!

7. Rosey says:

Those are so cute. I bet they’re fun to make too. :)

8. These are such adorable Valentine’s! I am pinning them to share with my Pinterest followers!

9. Jessica says:

These are are so cute! I love the little bumble bees. My daughter would love these for her Valentine exchange at school on Friday.

10. Cute and simple! My father in law had something similar at his wedding a few years back.

11. Kenda Smith says:

My son absolutely LOVES these honey sticks. This would be a great way for me to make him a Valentine treat that I don’t mind him eating!

12. Brandy says:

My maiden name initials are BEE so I love anything that plays on the word BEE with bumble bees or other bees. Just like “Bee Happy”, a magnet I have on my fridge. LOVE THIS!

13. Amanda Her says:

This is such a cute printable! I’ve never had a honey stick before, and this really has me intrigued! Must Find One!

14. what a cute idea those cards are absolutely adorable

15. brett says:

LOVE this. i’ve never seen honey sticks in colors tho!

16. Melissa says:

This is one of the cutest Valentine’s I have seen! Love them!

17. Bekki says:

What a sweet idea and great to see it’s not using a big piece of sugary candy!! A great alternative for the kiddos

18. Tracey says:

Those are super adorable. Thanks for the free printable!

19. Melanie | Mailbox Journey says:

Oh my gosh. Those are so unbelievably adorable!

20. Debi says:

Those are so stinking cute. I have to print them out for my daughter’s class

21. Kecia says:

These are so cute! I didn’t know they even made honey sticks. When I was younger, we always used store-bought Valentines. I have so many ideas to create for my kiddos once they start school.

22. Jaime says:

These are SUCH a great idea! I also love that it isn’t your traditional sugar-laden candy.

23. Debbie L says:

Very cute – pinned in my Valentines Board. These are perfect to add to snacks for the kids school on Friday.

24. Felicia says:

I love these! What a cute valentine idea.

25. I think these came out really cute! I never saw or heard of honey sticks before, but they seem to be super cool.

26. Krystal says:

I love this idea! I’m looking for something to give to his daycare teachers this Friday, and I think this works for my kiddo!

27. Shell says:

These VAlentines turned out so cute! My boys haven’t made theirs yet.

28. I love bumblebees, obviously! These are adorable! Usually we order v-day cards from Oriental Trading Co, but I bought them at Target this year.

29. This is such a cute idea! I have twins who are in first grade and I can’t decide what I’m going to do for them! I better decide quickly!

30. What a – pardon the pun – “sweet” idea. I’ve looked at other “Bee” My Valentine cards, but I’ve never found any with actual honey attached! Very cool :)

31. Chrysa says:

These are such adorable cards! I haven’t seen those colored honey sticks before – I’ll have to look around!

32. Lolo says:

I have never tried honey sticks! That is such a cute idea!

33. angela says:

I try to think of gifts that aren’t candy. this is a great idea.

34. Paige says:

That’s so adorable! It’ll be a hit for sure!

35. Tess says:

What a cute idea. I love honey sticks! I think i’ll use this idea for my daughter.

36. April says:

These are really cute! I love homemade valentines!

37. Piera says:

OMG these are just adorable! I actually just posted a “Thank you for BEE-ING a great friend” V-day Cards – great minds think alike LOL ; )

38. Courtney says:

YES this are totally perfect! Love honey sticks anyway so you had me hooked. :)

39. Oh my goodness these are to cute for words! I was looking for something to forward to my sister-in-law for my niece’s preschool valentine’s day part and I think these are absolutely perfect :)

40. Sue says:

What a cute and original idea! I hope the kids enjoy it! It is definitely not your run of the mill Valentine!

41. OMG these are adorbs. I use to love getting valentines that has special things attached to them too. Love them

42. Janel says:

Those turned out so incredibly cute! I want to make homemade valentine’s this year but we haven’t even started yet.

43. Katy Rawson says:

What an adorable idea! I love honey sticks, but never thought of using them for Valentine’s Day. We have already done our Valentine’s for this year, but I’m going to have to remember this next year!

44. katherine says:

That’s a really cool idea! It’s perfect for the holiday!

45. Eliz Frank says:

Anything with bees in it makes me smile. I just love the cuteness of your cards.

46. Dawn says:

Awwww….that little bee is just too cute! What a cute tag!

47. Alissa says:

These are adorable! Love it that you paired them with honey sticks. So cute!

48. Christina says:

These are adorable! I can’t wait until my oldest is giving out things at school!

49. It is such a great idea to add honey sticks to the cards! I like that much better than the lollipops.

Post a Reply