Tips to Jump-start Your Weight Loss

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest0Tweet about this on Twitter1Share on Google+3Share on StumbleUpon0

While I’m no weight loss expert, I have been learning quite a lot from the past few months. Here are a few tips to help you lose weight. These are all tips that I use daily and have helped me lose 15 lbs already in just a couple of months.

Drink Lots of Water

I’m sure you have heard this before, but you really do need to drink lots of water. I myself, drink around 100 oz of water each day. Of course water is important part of re-hydrating your body, but it also helps you feel full before a meal and even in between meals. Drinking a lots of water also helps flush out your body of toxins from food. You are recommended to drink around 64 oz a day, but I say more is better!

If you’re a breastfeeding mother like myself, it’s even more important to drink lots of water, to keep your milk supply up.

Plan Out Your Meals

Organization is key to successful weight loss. Every week, I sit down and plan out exactly what I am going to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even snacks. During my Mamavation Campaign, I am following a strict diabetic exchange program from Mamavation RD Alyssa B. from InspiredRD. Once the campaign is over, I will continue to plan out meals weekly and also give my self a list of different options, to be able to change it up a bit.

If you need help with meal planning. Look online to Pinterest for recipe ideas, or make it even easier on yourself and subscribe to eMeals for meal plans.

Plan Out Your Fitness Daily

Just like I mentioned above about planning out what you’re going to eat. You should also plan out your daily exercise goals. Whether it is circuits or a work out DVD at home, group exercise at the gym, or for a run. If you sit down weekly, and plan out what you would like to get done, you are more likely to actually get it done, then to wake up everyday and kind of wing it.

Utilize Support from Others

This is probably this most important one. I don’t care HOW you get help from others, but do it. Find blogs that focus on weight loss, from a personal perspective. One of my favorite blogs to read is Runs for Cookies. For me, I like to know that there are others out there just like myself who have accomplished similar weight loss. I motivates me to continue on, in my own weight loss. Another good read is Shredding My Losses from Jennifer Seville. I cried reading her story because of how much I could relate to it.

Besides, finding others who you can read about, find people who are also trying to lose weight in forums like Spark People, or maybe start a group of your own on Facebook. Most importantly, don’t be afraid to ask for help and advice. There are so many other people out there who have been in your place or are still currently in your same situation. It helps 110% to talk to others.

Tags: , ,

About the Author

In 2010, Hanan went from talking about her parenting up’s and down’s on private forums to discussing them with literally everyone on the internet with her blog EAT. CRAFT. PARENT. (formally Lilac City Momma). Since then, she’s had the opportunity to talk about parenting, cooking, photography, marriage, crafts, faith, and so much more. She also shares her opinions on everyday products from food to baby gear, and everything in between. With three little girls all under six, there is never a dull moment in their home. When she’s not blogging she’s chatting about parenting and life in general on Facebook and Twitter, or wasting way too much time on Pinterest.

19 Replies

Trackback  •  Comments RSS

1. Lisa @ Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy says:

I think support is the biggest factor, at least for me. I lost 60 or so pounds several years ago but this time it feels so much better because I have such a huge support network and right at my finger tips. When I struggle, I can get instant feedback. And when I have successes, there are sooo many voice there to cheer with me.
    Lisa @ Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy recent post: We’re Famous #CubsPledge

2. Nichol says:

Great tips and congrats on the weight loss. I always stress to drink water. I hated it at first but learned with lemon it is more tasty. I drink a tons a day and now plan out meals!
    Nichol recent post: Interview with Toy Expert Kate Tanner The 5 Best Toys For Summer

3. Love this!

Drinking water – key!!! I also try to drink 100oz or more and when I don’t…I can tell.
    @AndreaEmilien recent post: Mamavation Monday: Aha Moment!

• Hanan says:

Same here! Whenever I feel like I’m “starving”, I chug a glass of water and it really helps to cut back on eating too much.

4. **Nicole** says:

I’m excited to be part of Mamavation too :D I think that the support was something I was really missing and is going to help me finally lost those ridiculously hard last 10 lbs!

I totally agree with you–after seeing what HARD work it is to burn such tiny amounts of calories it makes me stop and think if that drink of pop is REALLY going to be worth it. :)

Good luck to you this week as well! :D
    **Nicole** recent post: CityGrips Stroller Handle Covers

5. Yes yes to the drinking water! It is soooo strange to say, but drinking water helps you eliminate water LOL

These are wonderful tips Hanan!
    Annie @ Mama Dweeb recent post: I support the American Cancer Society {Sponsored Video}

6. These are great tips. I need to plan out my meals. I’m terrible at it and always find myself throwing something together at the end of the day. If I planned, I could make something more nutritious.
    Tesa @ 2 Wired 2 Tired recent post: Easy Cool Whip Mini-Flag Recipe

7. Andrea Kruse says:

Great tips! Yes, staying on top of things and organized has been the one thing to give me the best results. I would only add measuring out portions. I am usually quick to overeat if I don’t dish up the correct portions to start with.

Congrats on your great results! Keep it up.
    Andrea Kruse recent post: Sexist, Or a Grain of Truth? – Modern Mom Tackles Obesity

8. These are all great tips! Especially drinking lots of water, I find it really helps curb my hunger!
    Jenn @therebelchick recent post: When stupid motorcyclists live up to the stereotype…

9. These are such great tips! We try to plan our meals as much as possible, I think it makes a big difference in making healthier choices! I don’t go far without my water bottle!
    Carrie with Children recent post: Wordless Wednesday *Linky* – Soccer Star?

10. Wonderful tips! You are already doing a great job, keep it up!
    Shawn Ann @ Shawn Ann’s World recent post: Wordless Wednesday: Venus Eclipse 2012

11. Rebekah Lewis says:

Is it true that the less we eat, the harder it is to lose weight?

• Hanan says:

Not necessarily. The whole key is trying to stick to the right amount of calories each day. For instance, someone like myself who wants to lose weight but nurses a baby, I want to stick to around 1800 calories a day. So from there you add up your calories from food, and subtract your calories from exercise to stay around that number each day. When it becomes hard to lose weight, is usually when you are not eating enough. Your body then goes into starvation mode.

12. Number 1 is my biggest issue right now. I have so much trouble forcing water down but I’ve gotten a little better using Crystal Light packets for flavor.
    Cat Davis – Food Family Finds recent post: GIVEAWAY | New Kraft Foods Products for Summer

13. Jennifer Seville says:

I’m glad you enjoyed my book :)

Post a Reply