Updated 1/7/15: It looks like the original pin isn’t a good link anymore, so I’ve added a supply list below!
So I finished up our Valentine’s Day gifts for everyone and thought I would share them with you. Of course Pinterest inspired.
Gifts for teachers/family.
Handmade Gumball Machines with candy
I first saw these last year around Christmas time in red and green colors. Then last week I saw it on Pinterest for Valentine’s Day gifts and knew I wanted to finally make one.
- Terra Cotta Pot & tray (found at any local hardware/garden store)
- White drawer pull
- Glass bowl
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Pink (or red) spray paint
- Spray paint your pot and tray pink (or red). Let dry overnight.
- Hot glue the drawer pull (knob) to the bottom of the clay tray.
- Layer everything like so: clay pot (upside down), glass bowl, add candy, lid on top! Ribbon is optional, but I just tied a bow around the pot.
Note: The reason I didn’t hot glue the bowl to the pot, is so the bowl can be washed out if need be.
Next is the gift we choose for her classmates.
Cupid’s Arrow Valentine’s Card
My oldest’s school doesn’t allow any outside food or candy, so we decided to make these adorable Valentine’s with pencils. Simple, yet unique. You can find the FREE pdf over at Sweet Muffin Suite. Who doesn’t love glitter pencils?!