So when it comes to chili, I’m just a tad bit picky. One that I LOVE though, believe it or not, is Wendy’s Chili. So my mission was to make a version at home that tasted just like it. This recipe is adapted from Top Secret Recipes.
And who could forget some cornbread to go along with my chili? Check out the World’s Best Honey Cornbread recipe at Money Saving Mom!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 16 oz can of tomato sauce
- 15 oz can of kidney beans (with liquid)
- 15 oz can of pinto beans (with liquid)
- 1 cup of diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced green chili
- 2 medium tomatos, chopped
- 2 Tb Chili Powder
- 1 tp black pepper
- 1 tp salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat; drain off the fat. Crumble the cooked beef into pea-size pieces.
- In a large pot, combine the beef plus all the remaining ingredients, and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cook, stirring every 15 minutes, for about 2-3 hours.